Thursday, November 4, 2010

Swan sketch


This is a quick digital sketch based on a still from the upcoming movie Black Swan directed by Darren Aronofsky. Aronofsky's work as a director is always impressive, however, his willingness to reach out to worthwhile illustrators to collaborate with him on projects is part of what distinguishes him. He did so with illustration master Kent Williams for The Fountain graphic novel and once again now with the exquisitely striking Black Swan international posters. Hopefully after the film's release we'll get to know more about who designed them, but for now enjoy the simple sketch fueled by my enthusiasm for the film.

Note: The Swan Posters were created by London based design studio, La Boca. Their work is definitely worth a look.

3 comments:

Marie Provence said...

I love the stage makeup in the trailer. This looks nice-you should make a finished piece inspired by the film! :)

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

You keep surprising me. And we share some taste.

I listed you along with Kent Williams as some of my influences.


Do you like Barron Storey's art - http://barronstorey.blogspot.com/ , he is awesome and was K. williams and
Bill Sienkiewicz teacher.

http://deoclicianocgiportfolio.wordpress.com/

Shof Coker said...

Marie: Thanks, although I try not to make finished illustrations based on movies, tv, etc, even if I really love them. It just ends up being fan art which isn't bad, just not my cup of tea.

Ochyming: Thanks for the listing as an influence (quite flattering). I do know about Barron Storey, although I haven't taken the time to look at his work as much as say Sienkiewicz or Williams. I shall now.